With a load balancer it’s possible to distribute the workload balancing it between two or more Cloud Servers. This allows you to optimize the resources of your infrastructure, maximizing its productivity and reducing the response times to a minimum, therefore avoiding possible overloads. Using a load balancer is recommended in all cases whether you require one or more of the following:
- guarantee continuity of the provided service
- manage high traffic levels
- always be ready for sudden peaks in traffic
Obviously to balance the workload you need at least two or more Cloud Servers with identical configuration and which contain the same data.
DARWIN allows you to configure your load balancers, and its connections, directly from the Control Panel, with just a few clicks, easily and quickly.
You can configure your load balancers by the main protocols which are HTTP, HTTPS and TCP simply by selecting from the preset algorithms which are LeastConn and Source.
Furthermore with DARWIN you can monitor your load balancers through simple charts which indicate the workload on the load balancer, in order to prevent overloads, simply by increasing the number of balanced Cloud Servers.
Features of the DARWIN balancers:
- Dedicated IP address
- Easy to configure and manage
- Supports HTTP, HTTPS and TCP protocols
- Supports LeastConn and Source algorithms
- Registration of detailed statistics of load balancer workload