What is SEO ?
SEO: What does it mean ?
When talking about the term SEO, an acronym for Search Engine Optimization, literally translated “search engine optimization”, we mean the set of strategies aimed at improving the visibility and positioning of a website on search engines (e.g. Google, Yahoo!, Bing, etc.) in unpaid results (called “organic”) so that it appears among the first pages of answers to questions from web users.
A good positioning of a website is of crucial importance today, as it determines not only the visibility of the products, but also the likelihood that these products or services will be purchased by the user.
The set of activities that make it possible to increase the visibility of an internet site by improving its position in the ranking of search engines, are really many and concern different aspects of a website.
The main aspect that should not be overlooked is the optimization of the website structure, HTML code, textual content and incoming links (inbound links or backlinks, i.e. those links that point to your site from other sites) and outbound links (which point to others from your site).
Today, the activity of a SEO specialist is mainly concerned with the study of Google’s algorithm, by far the most widely used search engine in the world.
SEO and SEM: What is the difference ?
The term SEM acronym of Search Engine Marketing refers to the whole set of marketing activities through search engines and also incorporates the SEO as it includes both paid search results (thanks to tools such as Google Adwords or Bing Ads) and organic search results.
A complete and effective marketing strategy cannot do without the use of both paid advertising and the implementation of SEO techniques without charge.
Today the term SEM is used exclusively to refer to pay-per-click advertising, but it would be more correct to call the latter SEA or Search Engine Advertising.
The latter is carried out through the Google AdWords circuit, the platform that allows you to create advertising campaigns, which are marked with the words “Ann. (Announcement). Practically these are sponsored links which, if present, are displayed among the first results of the page.
The mechanism governing the payment of these sponsored links is known as pay per click (PPC): the advertiser pays a certain amount each time a user clicks on their link. The amount to be paid, according to the auction logic, depends on how much they are willing to pay for other advertisers, so that those who offer more will be higher in the results than those who offer less.
In summary: SEM is a macro-activity of web marketing that includes both SEO and SEA.
Basic SEO dictionary
- Positioning:It refers to the position of a website/page in search engine ranking in relation to certain keywords.
- Ranking: Synonym of positioning, in SEO the term “ranking factor” means any element, internal or external to the site, that influences the position in the ranking of results with respect to a given query.
- Query: is any search carried out on the engine by typing one or more words in the Google search field.
- SERP: “Search Engine Result Page”, literally translated “page results of the search engine”, is any Google page that appears after typing in the term or terms to search for.
- Keywords: “keywords” are the words that you enter in the search field when the user executes a query. A keyword does not mean only single words but also text strings, for example, the search “web marketing Perugia” is a keyword.
- Robot: also called spider or crawler, is the software the search engines use to analyze all the sites, probing the network automatically.
- Optimization: In the area of SEO, optimizing means making robots’ work as easy as possible, providing them with easily accessible content and making it easier for the software to understand the topic covered by the document.
We provide the most powerful SEO service on the market, suitable for all languages website.
Some example for our customers:
Customer / Niche words: SEO Web Agency | Competition: Hard
Customer / Niche words: Casino Online | Competition: Very Hard
Customer / Niche words: Repair service | Competition: Medium
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.